Quakelive Clan

You are not connected. Please login or register

A keyboard utility for QL

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A keyboard utility for QL on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:26 am

Hi all just a useful util from gOvnOr via ql forums. I have tried it and can confirm it works:

Features:
- disable some key combinations which can be harmful during a match: Alt TAB and/or Alt ESC
- prevent toggle effect of CapsLock and/or NumLock. As on option, rebind these keys to other QL keys
- prevent the system-wise effect of the Left WinLogo key. As on option, rebind this key to another QL key
- rebind the OEM key to another QL key. On so-called "102 keys" or "105 keys" keyboards, the OEM key is located between the Left Shift key and the Z key

Some other programs exist to do these things, however this one has a few advantages:
- designed specifically for Quake Live
- no need for administrative rights
- doesn't affect the Windows registry
- doesn't affect your QL files
- small memory footprint
- free

and a few drawbacks:
- only for the Windows platform. And only for 32bits variants, so far
- no fancy Install/Remove capabilities
- unfinished

Here is the download link

Here is the forum post

Hope some of you may find useful and remember if you use it consider contributing feedback to the author.

View user profile

2 Re: A keyboard utility for QL on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:23 am

Ratware

Admin
Looks useful Very Happy Luckily I only have issue with the Caps Lock - but that is because I have it binded to GL!

For me, I had most problems with the Mouse buttons doing annoying things like the fwd & back on mouse buttons 4 & 5, this causing disconnect dialogs to appear and such like...

So I use a similar type application for the mouse:-

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

It also allows you to setup macros to mouse buttons, etc. One thing I thought of trying is binding wheel up & down to lists of weapons, i.e. down would be for best available close quarters weapon (non splash damage), with a set priority:-

Shotgun
Lightning Gun
Machine Gun
Guantlet

View user profile

3 Re: A keyboard utility for QL on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 am

yeah with regards to binding to the mwheel i find a vstr works great Smile

Nice find smokie Smile

View user profile http://www.quakelive.com/profile/summary/okushama

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: