Quakelive Clan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Study The Pros

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Study The Pros on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 am

Ratware

Admin
You may have heard of Stermy, if not he is a top FPS gaming pro, even though he may look like he should be in a 'boy band'. Also, he is supposedly one of the nicest of the QL pros.

He has a web site at:-

http://www.stermy.com

And hosts demos of several competitions, some are CTF. I have grouped some of the CTF demos below in a ZIP file, they are worth watching to study his positioning, moves and techniques.

The website also has downloads of his config files, I have used several similar settings, and they have improved my game.

I have lowered my FOV to 105 - though I see less on screen, I found it is more of an advantage - you compensate by moving more to see 'wide' and using sound. With the lower view, I was more accurate in movement & shooting.

I have also reduced my zoom FOV to 60 from 20 (activated on side/front mouse button) so I see more, this has much improved my near to medium range Rail, also very good for accurate plasma & rockets.

Although, I have setup toggle on the shift key, to switch between 60 & 20 FOV for long range (zoom), i.e. Space CTF. Commands below:-

bind SHIFT vstr zoomtoggle
set zoomtoggle vstr zoomin
set zoomin "set cg_zoomfov 20 ; set cg_zoomsensitivity 2 ; set zoomtoggle vstr zoomout"
set zoomout "set cg_zoomfov 60 ; set cg_zoomsensitivity 0 ; set zoomtoggle vstr zoomin"

Stermy.zip - mediafire.com ?kz1oki52w1u

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum